Southern Expo always strives to provide a safe and healthy environment for both employees and patrons at its many outdoor entertainment venues each year. This is more important than ever as we transition through 2021 and return to hosting outdoor events. To accomplish this goal every patron and staff member at all levels will be asked to take part in the extra efforts required to eliminate unnecessary exposures and avoid unsafe acts and situations which might endanger the health of themselves, fellow workers, or the public.
As directed by the local authorities, we as a business and our guests must follow the following preventive practices.
Good hygiene. Hands should be washed thoroughly with soap and hot water frequently or sanitized by using alcohol- based/waterless hand hygiene products. Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes if your hands are not clean.
Social distancing. Social distancing of six feet should be maintained between workers, customers and visitors.
Masks. For patrons, masks are not required to enter or attend. All staff, performers, and crew are requested to wear masks, with the exception of on-stage during performances.
Housekeeping. Regular daily housekeeping should be implemented, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, tools, and machinery with appropriate cleaning and disinfectant supplies used in accordance with product labels.
Signage. Appropriate signage should be placed at event entrances and in high visibility areas throughout the event, to educate and advise potential patrons about our protocols.
Employees are required to observe and enforce best practices, safety regulations, and State and Federal standards. Any illness or suspicion of illness is to be reported to your supervisor immediately regardless of severity.
• Employees coming into contact with patrons must wear appropriate face coverings while at work, and practice social distancing.
• Concession countertops and playing surfaces accessible to patrons must be sanitized with CDC-approved cleansers. Intervals between cleanings are to be in accordance with cleaner-specific instructions and relative to customer volume.
• Social distancing by patrons is to be encouraged by clearly marking concessions with 6’ intervals and restricting the use of group game playing positions to every 2nd or 3rd position to provide adequate patron spacing. Exceptions to this may be allowed if players are part of the same family or group.
• Plexiglass/Lexan-type shields should be installed at serving windows between employees and patrons.
• Concession countertops and serving window surfaces accessible to patrons must be sanitized with CDC-approved cleansers. Intervals between cleanings are to be in accordance with cleaner-specific instructions and relative to customer volume.
• Disposable utensils/flatware and condiments that are served with food items (forks & knives, ketchup, mustard, and creamers, etc.) should be prepackaged for individual use and not available in bulk dispensers.
• Amusement ride occupants must be limited to single riders unless riders are a part of the same group or family.
• Rides with general or group seating should be restricted in such a way as to promote social distancing between groups and
All staff, guests, performers, and crew are asked to stay home if they experience fever or any symptoms or have had contact with a COVID-positive individual. A negative test is required before returning to work.